At Olympic Fixings Group we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times, OFG are also transparent regarding the data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you contact us through our sales teams or directly via telephone, email, fax, www.olympicfixings.co.uk (the Website), social media channels or in person, provides you with information about:
- The personal data we collect about you.
- The purposes for which we collect the personal data.
- The manner in which your personal data is processed.
- With whom your personal data may be shared.
- How we protect your personal data.
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
Your use of the Website is also governed by the Website's general Terms and Conditions which we recommend you read and understand in addition to this Policy.
1. Who We Are
Olympic Fixings Group comprises:
Olympic Fixing Products Limited Reg no. 02367267
Olympic Fixings Ireland Limited Reg no. 02666419
Both registered in England at 1-4 Venture Court, Metcalf Drive, Accrington, BB5 5WH (collectively referred to as "OFG", "we" or "us" in this Policy).
2. Personal Data We Collect
2.1 We collect personal data about you when you:
- Apply for an account with us through our sales teams or directly via telephone, email, fax or our Website.
- Place orders with us through our sales teams or directly via telephone, email, fax or our Website.
- Contact us through our sales teams or directly via telephone, email, fax or our Website.
- Submit your own content to our Website.
- Submit your own content through our social media accounts such as Linkedin or Facebook.
- Complete customer feedback surveys in person, via telephone or over the Internet.
- Sign up to receive newsletters through direct mail or email.
- Enter promotions or competitions through our sales teams or our Website.
2.2 We may collect the following information about you:
- Your company name.
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers), fax number and email address.
- Individual contact names for purchasing and accounts.
- Orders made by you.
- Quotes requested by you.
- Payment details when you make a purchase from us.
- Your user account details.
- Your communication and marketing preferences.
- Your location.
- Your correspondence and communications with OFG.
2.3 We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) in order to maintain customer service standards, assist staff training and for fraud prevention/compliance.
2.4 If you submit content to our social media accounts, such content will also be subject to the policies operated by the those respective channels. Please note that we have no control over these policies and you should familiarise yourself with content of these polices before posting.
2.5 Our Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
2.6 This list is not exhaustive and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. We may also collect personal data from publicly available sources or third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
3. How We Use Personal Data
We may use your personal data:
- To provide goods and services to you.
- To register and manage any account(s) that you hold with us.
- To administer our Website services.
- To notify you of any important updates to products or our Website.
- To analyse and profile your purchasing preferences in order to help improve both our products and Website.
- To verify your identity and run credit checks when appropriate.
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes.
- With your agreement, to contact you and administer promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you.
- To enable OFG to manage customer service interactions with you, for example order queries or refunds; and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
4. Basis For Collecting Personal Data
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) we have the following legal bases for collecting personal data:
- Performance of a contract with you or to take steps to enter into a contract.
- Compliance with a legal obligation.
- To protect your vital interests.
- Legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications from which you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
5. How We Share Personal Data
We may share your personal data with the following third parties who may use it for the same purpose as section 4.
5.1 Within the Olympic Fixings Group
5.2 Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners.
These include IT, for example our enterprise resource planning (ERP) and web development provider, SaaS providers, payment gateway and service providers. Delivery, so that we can physically dispatch any order which you may place and ensure it reaches it's destination successfully and our marketing service providers.
OFG only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which means they can only use your data for the purose of providing services to OFG and you.
5.3 Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, OFG will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments.
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so.
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases)
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- For the protection of our employees and customers.
6. How We Keep Personal Data Secure
OFG is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
- Encryption of data.
- Regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data.
- Regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents.
- Daily penetration testing of systems.
- Security controls which protect the entire OFG IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
7. Your Personal Data Rights
You have the following rights:
- To request a copy of the personal data we hold about you (the right of access).
- In certain circumstances, the right to request that we delete personal data held about you where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten).
- To ask us to update and correct any out of date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification).
- To opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using/holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object).
- In certain circumstances to ask us to 'restrict processing of data' which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- In certain circumstances to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
9. IP Address
Whenever you connect to the Internet your computer or other device obtains an Internet Protocol address (IP address) which comprises a set of numbers relating to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or network.
Your IP address as presented to our Website when you connect is anonymised on collection so it does not identify you personally. We use anonymised IP addresses to help diagnose any problems with our website and for general administration purposes.
10. Other Websites
11. Contact Us
OFG has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our customers (and others) and comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how OFG uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your personal data rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer through one of the following methods:
Phone: 01282 778923
Data Protection Officer
Olympic Fixings Group
1-4 Venture Court
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at The Information Commissioner's Office.
This policy was last updated on 05/12/18.